Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Find the Best Deals on the Market for Free!

I'm out searching the web for some innovative ideas to expand my real estate business. I type in keywords that I hope will lead me to blogs and articles with new thoughts and creative finds. I hope to discover content that inspires hope and uncovers opportunities that will foster ideas that lead to great rivers of revenue and endless investment cash flow.

All that I find are sales pitches offering me their over priced products with 100% satisfaction guarantees or (worse yet) the doom and gloom of the media's spin on our current real estate market.

Well fellow investors, I'm here to fill the gap. Help me spread the word, the real estate investment market is golden and opportunities are everywhere. And, for all those who have your credit cards out, you don't even have to pay to find the best deals. They are right in front of you, they are on your street, they are on your MLS and your agent has them right in front of her. The only thing holding you back is that you have to know what a deal looks like.

I looked at the MLS with a client recently and found over 10 deals in one area that have just been sitting there waiting to be snatched up. I never knew they were there before because I didn't know what I was looking for. (Now I do. And my client not only picked up a deal but picked it up for 76% of the list price...and it was a great deal even at list price!)

So please, don't buy the next product on short sales, pre-foreclosure, foreclosure, reo, discounts off the list price, assuming loans, subject to, lease option, lease to purchase, assigning the deed, bond for deed, investment software, vacant homes, discount lists, email tools, marketing flyers, postcard systems...(deep breath). You already know all that you need to know. All you have to do is gather up your courage, set out some buying criteria and make sure you are managing your finances. (So, if you are currently using the "I've got checks left in my check book so I must have money left in my checking account" system, you do not currently qualify. You need to contact your local community college or H&R Block for some inexpensive or free classes...and that's OK! You've got to start somewhere. And it's a heck of a lot better than paying for some $6,975 seminar to train you how to use the special book keeping system that will earn you $3/hr invested or your money back, guaranteed.)

So, if you're qualified, set out your very basic list:
I want to make $200/month on a rental.
I want to start earning that by the 12th day of next month because it's my daughter's birthday.
I have $15,000 in cash.
I want the property to be within a mile of my house.

That's it. It's a very small list that you will expand upon as you move forward. The important thing is that you're ready to go!

The next step is to find out what homes are renting and selling for in that area. Look in the paper for rents. Call an agent for listings. Drive the neighborhood. Walk the neighborhood. Take a look at some listings. If you find a street you like, go knock on some doors! Eventually you will find a seller. (Especially if you are serious about that deadline...because you promised you're daughter that she'll get the first months cash flow for her birthday present.)

Don't buy a course. Don't watch TV. Don't surf the web. Just decide what you want and go look for the thing that fits...because it's right there. You know enough to at least get started. Go talk to an agent and join a real estate investing club. You might even find that another investor has the exact property you are looking for.

Deals speak for themselves and they are on almost every block. Stop wasting your time and start making some investments. And if you feel like you have to pay thousands of dollars for this sage advice, feel free to drop me a note. I accept paypal.

No comments:

Subscribe Now!

Hot Real Estate in the Metro East

Sell FAST! FREE Staging Training

Save 10% on Moving Boxes
and Moving Supplies

Uboxes - Moving Boxes and Moving Supplies