Monday, October 29, 2007

Top Real Estate Investing "How-To" Books

The title should say, "These are the books with the most thorough content that I have read as of today...though I, admittedly, have yet to put much of their great wisdom into practice."

Even though I am leaving the starting gate of real estate investing like the tortoise, I am convinced that I have collected some of the greatest educational resources available. This is a relatively short list of books. (Which, if you had intended on buying everything on my list, should leave you very relieved.)

I have read quite a few books and these are the ones that I always return to. (I didn't even realize that my list was so short. My wife will be happy to hear that! Now, I suppose, she really can take the countless others in to trade at the bookstore.)

I also want to note that, though these books may have amazing content, some/most of these books lack basic literary editing. So, if you are looking for books that are concise and are well written from an English Major's perspective...maybe you're looking for edification in the wrong career.

I would be honored to hear your comments about these books and/or share the names of any additional book(s) you feel helped you along your journey through the labyrinth of real estate investing. (I'm sure that I've left out quite a few favorites.)


Allen, David. Getting Things Done (2003)

Botkin, Sandy. Lower Your Taxes--Big Time (2003)

Butler, Mike. Landlording on Autopilot (2006)

Clason, George S. Richest Man in Babylon, the (1988)

Gerber, Michael E. E Myth Revisited, the (1995)

Hill, Napoleon. Think and Grow Rich (1983)

Keller, Gary. Millionaire Real Estate Investor, the (2005)

Langemeier, Loral. Guerrilla Wealth (2004)

Mandino, Og. Greatest Salesman in the World, the (1985)

Schaub, John. Building Wealth One House at a Time (2005)


I look forward to reading your favorites!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ryan,

I'm in the middle of "getting things done" right now and think it has some great tips and guidance in it. I'm implementing many of the ideas in my business and life right now.

Keep up the good work on the blog!

Cheers,

Trevor
The REI Brain

rentals "R" us said...

I have a few books that I have enjoyed. I will list these on my blog shortly.
Thanks for the list!

rymoore said...

The Bible (Oops...big over site on my part.)

Subscribe Now!

Hot Real Estate in the Metro East

Sell FAST! FREE Staging Training

Save 10% on Moving Boxes
and Moving Supplies

Uboxes - Moving Boxes and Moving Supplies